Research Design Service South East – NIHR Research for Social Care Workshop
Wednesday, 16th September 2020, 10.00AM-13.00PM
Online Event – information about how to join the event will be sent nearer the time.
A workshop specifically for social care researchers, practitioners and users to introduce the latest call from the NIHR’s Research for Social Care programme (RfSC).
We’ll introduce the call and give you an overview of the remit, requirements and applications processes.
We’ll also give you:
– top tips for your application from researchers who have been funded by RfSC
– answer specific questions
Book a place on Eventbrite.
Speak to your RDS SE Research Adviser or email A.Lux@brighton.ac.uk for more details.
- 10.00 – 10.30AM Welcome & Introduction to Social Care Research – Martin Knapp, Director of the NIHR School for Social Care. (20min talk plus 10 Q&A)
- 10.35 – 11.05AM Overview of RfSC – Laura Mason, NIHR Programme Manager & David Abbott (chair of RfSC) (20min talk plus 10 Q&A)
- 11.10 -11.40AM A successful RfSC project – Prof Shereen Hussein, Professor of Care and Health Policy Evaluation (20min talk plus 10min Q&A)
Parallel Sessions – 11.45AM – 12.05PM (10 min talk plus 10 min Q&A)
- Session 1: New to research? A methods session aimed at practitioners – Eirini Saloniki and Wenjing Zhang, RDS SE
- Session 2: New to social care? A session aimed at experienced researchers new to the field – Stacey Rand, RDS SE
- Session 3: Learning lessons – mistakes commonly made and how to avoid them – Ann-Marie Towers, RDS SE
- 12.10-12.40PM Public Involvement in social care research – Gary Hickey, RDS SE (20mins plus 10 Q&A)
- 12.45- 13.00PM Final thoughts & where to get help – Claire Rosten, RDS SE (20min talk plus 10 Q&A)